Sunday 19 February 2012

Before and After?


I have a confession to make. I am not particularly skilled with a needle and thread. So it may seem strange to admit that I recently bought a book, 'little bits Quilting Bee' by Kathreen Ricketson. Whilst I genuinely would like to make a patchwork quilt one day, what really appealed to me were the props used in the book's photos. One of my favourites is the mid-century lamp shown in the above left image (taken from the book). I love the simple hourglass shape of the base and the vibrant burst of colour of the shade. After hours scouring the internet I discovered the base was most likely produced by Parker Australia or Parker Knoll. Either way, thanks to some online bidding I am excited to say I will soon have a similar lamp of my very own, albeit one requiring a little TLC to bring it to its potential glory.